Well friends, today I turn 30. Whoa! To celebrate, Aaron and I are spending a week in Paris eating, wandering and eating some more. While I didn’t complete all my 30/30 tasks by my birthday, I still have hopes of completing them! I had so much fun crossing things off and challenging myself. I highly recommend it.
I also wanted to take a minute to say thank you to you. Having this blog and hearing from my readers has truly been a highlight of my 20′s. Ten years ago I would have never imagined what my life is now. I mean, I made mayonaise for goodness sake, back then I could hardly even make a box of macaroni and cheese! Now I have a constant urge to try new things, to make new things and to share them with you. So thank you for coming along on my journey. I can’t wait to see what my 30′s bring.
1. Take a knife skills class
2. Go to a dance club 5/14/10 ladies night
3. Interview my 92 year old grandmother
4. Make mayonaise 8/08/10 seriously easy!
5. Watch a burlesque show
6. Have a dinner party not so much a dinner party as people over, but it was still good!
7. Take a dance class
8. Finish the kitchen 10/16/10 cabinet is built!
9. Perfect my margarita skills 7/05/10 it’s all about the Cointreau!
10. Spend a day above 59th street
11. Get an asymmetrical haircut 9/12/10 woohoo!
12. Have a picnic in Central Park 8/14/10 super dreamy!
13. Visit the doughnut plant 6/13/10 coconut creme & vanilla blackberry… yum!
14. Eat sashimi 8/18/10 …i like it!
15. See a ballet/dance performance
16. Enjoy a tasty cocktail or two at PDT Had drinks at Tipsy Parson instead. 10/09/10 Food & drinks were delicious!
17. Enjoy a tasty cocktail at Angels Share 6/26/10 amaaazing!
18. Try wall climbing
19. Sleep in past 11am
20. Visit Kitchen Arts & Letters
21. Spend a day in Greenpoint 7/31/10 Um… it’s awesome.
22. Try 5 new vegetables fava beans, butter beans, cranberry beans, spaghetti squash, sweet dumpling squash
23. Empty the long-neglected storage unit in MI 7/16/10 so glad it’s done!
24. Go to Shipshewana 7/14/10 whoa! that place changed… junk city!
25. Take time to relax 5/22/10 Block Island
26. Cook duck 10/31/10 It was so easy & delicious! used this recipe http://tinyurl.com/cqvedv
27. Make friends with the farmers at my new market this whole summer
28. Drive in Manhattan
29. Ride my bike all summer long!
30. Go to Paris 11/20/10 oui oui!