my 30/30 list
Sooo, this year I turn the big 3-0. While some people really dread this birthday, I’m pretty excited about it. I feel like I’ve had a good run in my twenties, I’ve done a lot (graduated college, met and married my best friend, moved to nyc, started this blog…), met amazing people and generally had fun. Oh but wait, there are a few things I want to do before the big day arrives, so I decided to make a list of 30 things to do before I turn 30 (inspired by Nicole’s list). Some things are little, some things are big, but they’re all fun. Also, I’m not saying in any way, shape or form that these things can’t be done after 30, in fact I’m hoping some of them will continue well into my thirties (hello dance class and delicious margarita making).
I have 28 weeks to complete my list and I hope you’ll come along on the ride. I’ll be posting updates as I complete them and when November 26th rolls around, we’ll have a celebration. Oh, what would you put on your list?
drum rolls please:
1. Take a knife skills class
2. Go to a dance club 5/14/10 ladies night
3. Interview my 92 year old grandmother
4. Make mayonaise 8/08/10 seriously easy!
5. Watch a burlesque show
6. Have a dinner party
7. Take a dance class
8. Finish the kitchen 10/16/10 cabinet is built!
9. Perfect my margarita skills 7/05/10 it’s all about the Cointreau!
10. Spend a day above 59th street
11. Get an asymmetrical haircut 9/12/10 woohoo!
12. Have a picnic in Central Park 8/14/10 super dreamy!
13. Visit the doughnut plant 6/13/10 coconut creme & vanilla blackberry… yum!
14. Eat sashimi 8/18/10 …i like it!
15. See a ballet/dance performance
16. Enjoy a tasty cocktail or two at PDT Have drinks at Tipsy Parson. 10/09/10 Food & drinks were delicious!
17. Enjoy a tasty cocktail at Angels Share 6/26/10 amaaazing!
18. Try wall climbing
19. Sleep in past 11am
20. Visit Kitchen Arts & Letters
21. Spend a day in Greenpoint 7/31/10 Um… it’s awesome.
22. Try 5 new vegetables 1 fava beans, 2 butter beans, 3 cranberry beans
23. Empty the long-neglected storage unit in MI 7/16/10 so glad it’s done!
24. Go to Shipshewana 7/14/10 whoa! that place changed… junk city!
25. Take time to relax 5/22/10 Block Island
26. Cook duck 10/31/10 It was so easy & delicious! used this recipe http://tinyurl.com/cqvedv
27. Make friends with the farmers at my new market
28. Drive in Manhattan
29. Ride my bike 5/30/10 biked ride to red hook, 8/14/10 biked to central park & back
30. Go to Paris